Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Harley-Davidson® DYNA SWITCHBACK [FLD-103]
Sale: Save $2,000.00 now until 9/30/2019
DYNA SWITCHBACK [FLD-103]
CLEARANCE SALE! NOW REDUCED WAY BELOW BOOK VALUE!! GET IT BEFORE IT'S GONE! OUR LOSS, YOUR GAIN! BEST PRICE! The true do it all Harley-Davidson. Dyna handling, yet softail like comfort with hand adjustable rear shocks, hard lockable removable saddlebags, and quick release windshield. Awesome touring bike, great commuter with great gas mileage, yet you can remove bags and windshield and it gives off a chunky bad-ass softail like look with speed wheels (Look like Mopar!) and extra large headlight. Must see to appreciate. Financing and Lease options offering zero down or low down options on approved credit. While supplies last. Contact sales for details. Won't last long!
Easily convertible from cruising to touring, it's like two bikes in one, with no compromises.
- We don’t skimp on the go or the show: You’d need to travel with a trailer full of bikes to come up with the versatility the Switchback™ motorcycle puts on two hot rod styled wheels. You have a machine loaded with modern touring comfort and convenience for the open road. Plus, it’s all easy to strip off and leave back at the motel. In a flash you’re down to a ride that’s loaded with nothing but style.
- Authentic Styling: The motorcycles in the Dyna family trace their roots to the original Harley-Davidson factory customs. Notice the powerful front ends, chromed steel details and tricked-out wheels. There isn’t an ounce of doubt that you’re looking at a rolling sculpture. But there’s something bigger at work here than a mere visual statement. These are motorcycles sprung from a long riding tradition, with a strong emphasis on the riding. Post-war bobbers. Rebellious 70s choppers. Motorcycles where the theme was riding hard and the only rule was nonconformity. The profile is long and low, built to show off plenty of muscle. The 45° V-Twin engine is the jewel at the center of the design. There is no denying the powerful message sent by such a machine. It says get in the saddle, fire up Big Twin engine, treat your ears to the most satisfying exhaust note in all of motorized transportation, then go wherever the road out of town takes you.
- Iconic Engine: There is something about the steady pulse of power from an air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ engine that works its way into a rider and won’t let go. Once you’ve experienced it you understand. Nothing else in the world of motorized transportation could be as satisfying. There are perfectly rational explanations for this. The lightweight piston design and refined delivery of power. The strong driveline and bulletproof internal parts. The way engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive transmission work flawlessly together to carry you down the highway at a relaxed, easy-riding rpm. But rational explanations never go far enough. What you feel when the power of this engine pulls you down the road toward the vanishing point is the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution, Twin Cam 88 and Twin Cam 96 engines that came before. It’s something no ordinary engine can deliver.
- Technology: You don’t see a lot of 21 century technology peeking through the clean old-school lines of the motorcycles in the Dyna family. That’s the point. Once the teams of engineers and industrial designers have finished building the systems that load these motorcycles up with modern function, the job is only half finished. The next step is to find smart ways to integrate it into the design without taking away from the styling cues. Take the anti-lock brakes that are either standard or available as a factory-installed option across the line. It’s one of the top ABS systems out there, and gives you the control you want in a modern motorcycle. But the real beauty is the way we streamlined the look of the hardware.
- Handling: If there’s anything the unruly bunch of riders that gravitate to a Dyna® motorcycle have in common, it’s that they’re not easily satisfied. So we built every bike in the family to bridge the gap between knockout looks and uncompromising open road function. The exceptional stiffness of the chassis makes for sure-footed handling. The brakes and suspension components are top end, and the custom-style wheels roll on premium rubber designed for both durability and grip performance. A Dyna motorcycle is rolling proof that you don’t need a bike that looks like it belongs in a B-grade science fiction movie to burn through a wicked set of curves.
- Comfort: Journey back far enough in the factory custom history of the Dyna family and you get to the machine that started the whole thing off: a Harley-Davidson touring bike. Seriously, and that’s your first clue to the rider comfort that waits for you in the saddle of today’s Dyna motorcycle. That early touring machine featured a new kind of isolation mounting system for the engine. Which led to a series of innovative frame designs. And that brings us to the current Dyna frame and its two-point engine isolation mounting system. It makes sure the power of 103 cubic inches of Twin Cam 103™ engine gets to the pavement. But the vibrations don’t get to the rider. You’ll find the same dogged approach to rider comfort throughout every inch of every bike in the family. Handlebars designed to fight the fatigue of a long day in the wind. Foot pegs and controls that hit your boots exactly where they ought to. The look is hard as nails. That doesn’t mean the ride has to be.
- Cast Aluminum Wheels with Full Wrap Fenders: These full fenders do more than keep the mud off during your long hauls—they add to the Switchback™ model's unique, classic-contemporary profile. And neither are the 5-spoke hot-rod wheels just for show: they may be eye-catching, but their cast aluminum construction and balanced engineering enhance the bike's confident handling.
- Convertible Features, Classic Styling: Your riding moods change—so let them. With its removable windshield and saddlebags, the Switchback™ motorcycle can make the switch from cruising to touring or back in seconds. Easily take them off for a powerful, head-turning street cruiser. Re-attach them for a comfortable, light-handling tourer that definitely goes the distance. And its clean styling brings vintage Harley-Davidson simplicity to today's roads in a look that defines classic: true to its roots yet completely contemporary. The Switchback™ motorcycle is like having two bikes in one: a union of opposites that makes no compromises.
- Heritage Detailing: The Switchback™ model's classic retro features have a contemporary look that’ll never be lost in the crowd. From its hallmark chromed out headlamp nacelle and its mini “ape hanger” handlebars, to its tank console with 5-inch speedo. This bike makes a modern visual statement that’s truly rooted in Harley-Davidson heritage.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated heads and cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and chrome rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the Twin Cam 103™ Engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. And the Isolated Drive System makes acceleration flow in a smooth, steady stream from your wrist right down to the pavement. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™ Engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96® engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Power: Live your ride to the power of 103. The air-cooled High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine delivers more stump-pulling torque, while its Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection jetting gives crisp, lively throttle reaction. It’s a performance punch that you’ll appreciate when passing, climbing hills, or rolling with luggage packed or a passenger in back—all under that signature Motor Company rumble. And it comes at lower cruising rpm, so you ride more smoothly, with less engine vibration and better highway fuel economy.
- H-D™ Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Standard Anti-lock Brakes: Our anti-lock brakes give “stopping power” a double meaning. We keep our ABS components tastefully stylized within the wheel hub, so you'll turn heads with clean, streamlined design. But more importantly, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- Cartridge-Style Front Fork: Authentic throwback styling's easy on the eyes, but you want to be sure you're riding with state-of-the-art comfort and confidence. And the Switchback™ beefy cartridge-style front fork gives you top-notch smoothness whether you're blazing the blacktop across town, long-hauling to the next state, or just prowling a parking lot.
- Adjustable Cigar Tube Rear Shocks: The classic-style suspension covers may add to the Switchback™ vintage Harley-Davidson style, but the modern technology they’re wrapped around delivers a ride that feels anything but old school. Oil emulsion damping control gives a smooth, quality ride that makes it easy to go the distance. And preload can be adjusted with just a spanner wrench, so you can easily switch your suspension to suit your riding style, touring or cruising.
- Light Weight Chassis: You’re moving with monster power, but the Switchback is no monster to control. The chassis is tuned for a light-weight feel and easy handling—in fact this is the lightest custom touring chassis available in its class—so you can move and maneuver nimbly, with complete confidence, in all driving conditions. Even getting it on or off its stand is easy.
- Full-Length Rider Footboards: Your boots were made for riding, in any way you see fit. Our full-length footboards boast a tried-and-true design that's stood the test of time. Plenty of foot positions for your taste and comfort. Rubber vibration isolation for a comfortable ride.
- Two-Up Seat: Nostalgic style meets contemporary sleekness and comfort in this deeply contoured, narrow-necked bucket. This saddle relieves pressure on your thighs, while providing back support and comfort, along with plenty of room for your friend to ride along. Additionally, premium stitching accentuates the advanced ergonomics with that sharp detail you only find on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. It's science in service of comfort, for the short cruise and the long haul.
- Clean H-D® Detachables™ Saddlebags: When you’re touring, you want cargo space, big and secure. When you’re cruising, you want style, pure and simple. With its removable saddlebags, your Switchback™ is always ready for what you want. The bags’ unique design makes it easy to load in your stuff, while their sealed, locking, hard-case exterior keeps it well-protected. And when it’s time to convert, they come off quickly, cleanly, no tools needed. And like the classic Harley-Davidson® motorcycles it resembles, the Switchback looks great wearing its bags or not. So go ahead, change your mood whenever you want—your Switchback™ can keep up.
- H-D® Detachables™ Windshield: Go from touring to cruising in a heartbeat. Attach the windshield for protection from the elements. Or remove it in seconds for a new look and ride. The Lexan® screen is as tough as they come—durable, scratch resistant, low maintenance. And whether you choose to cruise or keep the shield on, your Switchback™ rules with a style and versatility you can make your own.
- 2-into-1 Exhaust: Drawing from the bold pipe style of classic Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, the 2-into-1 exhaust helps direct heat away from you and your passenger while delivering powerful performance—not to mention that signature Harley-Davidson rumble every time you crack the throttle.
- Length: 92.9 in. (2,360 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.1 in. (663 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27.4 in. (695 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.3 in. (110 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 29.9
- Trail: 5.8 in. (148 mm)
- Wheelbase: 62.8 in. (1,595 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/70B18 63H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 160/70B17 73H
- Fuel Capacity: 4.7 gal. (17.8 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3 qt. (2.8 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 696 lb. (316 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 718 lb. (326 kg)
- Engine: High Output Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103™
- Bore: 3.87 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu in. (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: 2-into-1 chrome exhaust with straight-cut muffler
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston fixed front, and 2-piston torque-free floating rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 102 ft. lb. (134 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,000
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 29
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 29
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, low fuel warning, ABS (optional), low battery, body controller diagnostics
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/Gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- High Output Twin Cam 103™
- 103.1 cu in. (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.87 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 4-piston fixed
- Rear Brakes
- 2-piston torque-free floating
- Front Tire
- 130/70B18 63H
- Rear Tire
- 160/70B17 73H
- 62.8 in. (1,595 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.1 in. (663 mm); Unladen: 27.4 in. (695 mm)
- 29.9 deg.
- 5.8 in. (148 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.7 gal. (17.8 L)
- 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 696 lb. (316 kg)
- Vivid Black